When you use our Services, we may collect the following categories of information, which may be considered personal information when maintained in identifiable form:
1. First name and surname, year of birth, username and password, gender, email address, contact information, country of residence, employment, and other information you provide us when you create an account with us; sign-up to receive communications or materials from us; place an order; enter a contest; submit content or post feedback and/or comments; send us an email or request for information; or otherwise submit a form to us.
2. Transaction and payment information you provide when purchasing a product or Service from us, whether via an Aesthetic Record website or elsewhere. This information may include the information listed above as well as payment information.
3. Usage, viewing, logs, metrics and other device and technical data collected when you visit an Aesthetic Record website, utilize our Services as an end user, or open or reply toemails we send. Usage information could include the time, date, and duration of your useof our Services; your interaction with content offered through the Services, and any referring websites. Device information may include information such as your webrequest, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device identifiers, device information (such as type and model, operating system type, browser type, language, and settings), mobile ad identifiers, cookie IDs, referring / exit pages and URLs, interaction information (such as click stream data), domain names, pages viewed, software crash data, and other similar technical data. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of the Services.
4. Information collected from third party or public or commercially-available sources or that we receive from companies that partner with us to provide products and Services.This may include information we receive from our advertising and market research partners, who may provide us with information about your interest in and engagement with our online advertisements. When you interact with any Aesthetic Record page oraccount on a social media platform, we may collect the personal information that youmake available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID.We will comply with the privacy policies of the social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by those social media platforms.With your consent, we also may share information about your activities, including what you view on our websites, with that social network’s users.
5. Location information when you visit an Aesthetic Record website or use our Services,including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications or associated with yourIP address. Advertisements and contentmay be directed at you based on this data.
6. Content you choose to upload to the Services such as text, images, audio, and video,along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
We use your information in the ways described below, as well as in other ways to which you consent:
1. Process your orders and requests and respond to your questions and concerns; for example, if you inquire about our Services, we may use your data to respond to and process such requests.
2. Provide the Products or Services You Request such as using your information to process any subscriptions you pay for; sending you electronic newsletters; posting content or feedback you submit; and enabling your participation in features that are partof the Services. We also provide personalized content and suggestions to you, including by email, based on your interest and preferences. To enable us to provide these Services,we may use the information we collect to identify you across sessions, browsers, and /or devices.
3. Communicate with you about your account or transactions (by email text, or other medium), and provide you with product or Service-related communications, such as information about policy updates; newsletters, invitations to events; offers or announcements about current or beta products or Services; offers or announcements about third party partners’ products or services; communications about your comments or feedback; online surveys; and other important information about Aesthetic Record.
5. Learning about our users and Services by researching our users’ demographics,interests and behavior, including performing statistical analysis of our users, their use ofthe Services, and their purchasing patterns. We do this to optimize and improve the Services, our products, and our operations.
6. Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or applicable laws; or that may threaten the security, integrity or availability of our or another party’sproducts, systems and Services; or to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy,safety, or property of Aesthetic Record, its agents, officers, directors, and employees.
We may use the information from one aspect of the Services for other aspects of Services and we may combine information gathered from multiple aspects of the Services into a single user record. We also may use or combine information that we collect offline or we collect or receive from third-party sources for many reasons, including to enhance, expand, and checkthe accuracy of our records. Additionally, data collected from a particular computer, browser or device may be used with another computer, browser or device that is linked to the computer, browser or device on which such data was collected.
We also use anonymous information, such as usage data and aggregated data, for other lawful purposes, such as to create blog posts and content that others may find useful.
As described below, our information sharing practices vary based on the type information and the recipient:
1. Third Party Service Providers. Third party agents and vendors perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, content syndication, content management tools, applications, social media integration, marketing, analytics, billing,shipping, and customer service. These entities may have access to personal information if needed to perform their functions. If such access is required, the third parties will beobligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. Theyare restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to Aesthetic Record.
2. Third Party Business Partners. From time to time, we allow companies whose products or services we feel may interest our readers to advertise to them, using the names and email addresses provided to us by our users. We do not share this information directly with these companies, however, we may send relevant communications on behalf of these companies because many of our users find this to be a valuable and time-saving service. If you do not want your information used for these purposes, you can opt-out of such useby e-mailing us at privacy@AestheticRecord.com, or calling or writing us at the contact information provided below in the “Contact Us” section.
4. Social Media Services. If you interact with any Aesthetic Record page or account on asocial media platform, we may share your information with that social media service.Social media services will use that information based on their own privacy policies. Ifyou do not want your information shared in this way, do not connect your social media service account with our Services.
7. Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations. In some cases, we mayuse or disclose your personal information to a third party if we are required to do so bylaw or if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law orlegal process; to protect, enforce, and defend against activities that may threaten the security, integrity or availability of our or another party’s products, systems and Services;or to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Aesthetic Record, its agents, officers, directors, and employees.
8. Professional Advisors. Aesthetic Record may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
The Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties,which operate pursuant to their respective privacy policies.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. Web Beacons. Web beacons (also called “web tags” or “pixels”) are tiny graphics or [scripts that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online or mobile content, videos, advertisements, or emails. They allow aserver to read certain types of information from your device, such as when you viewed the beacon (and thus the content in which it is embedded) and the IP address of the device on which you viewed the beacon. We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies)to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
3. SDKs. SDKs are third-party computer code that we may incorporate into our mobile applications that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, addfeatures or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collectedby third parties, which we have summarized below. Please note that using these controls and choices to opt out of tracking and targeting does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will exclude you, however, from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks and platforms, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. Aesthetic Record provides you with certain controls and choices regarding our use of your personal information, which may include:
1. Correcting and Updating Account Information. By logging into your account or using our Services, you may be able to change certain account information. Your accountsettings may also permit you to opt-out of some types of notification messages. To protectyour privacy and security, we require your username and password in order to verify your identity before granting account access or making changes.
2. Turning Off Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but also usually allow you to modify your settings to disable or reject cookies, including cookies for interest-based advertising. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, however, some features of the Services may not work or may not work as designed. You can usually find these settings in the Options or Preferences menu of your browser; links to instructions provided by several of the most common browsers are below. You can also learn more at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
3. Opting Out of Targeted Advertising. Many of the third party advertisers that use tracking or targeting tools in connection with our Services either directly, or are membersof programs that, offer you additional choices regarding the collection and use of your information. You can learn more about the options available to limit these participating third parties’ collection and use of your information by visiting their websites:
- Opt Out of Interest Based Advertising (National Advertising Initiative)
- Your Ad Choices (Digital Advertising Alliance)
- Your Online Choices (European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance)
- Users of our mobile apps may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobileapps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’schoices.
4. Blocking Advertising ID Use in your Mobile Settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobiledevice for interest-based advertising purposes.
Mobile App Tracking Opt Out Tools. You can learn about your options to opt-out ofmobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windowsdevices, see:
- Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4228
- Android: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- Windows: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-US/opt-out
6. Social Media Settings. If you interact with any Aesthetic Record page or account on asocial media platform, you may have the ability to limit the information that we mayobtain from the social media platform by controlling your settings for the particular platform. For example, you may access and change your settings through the Facebook settings page for Apps and Websites. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a social media platform, that choice will not apply to information thatwe have already received from that platform.
7. Using Privacy Plug-ins or Browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
8. Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their webbrowsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. We currently do not respond to “Do NotTrack” or similar signals. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org
The Services provided by Aesthetic Record may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties, and other websites, mobile applications, and online services operated by third parties may contain links to our Services. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions of their privacy policies. Other websites, mobile applications and Services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
Advertisers may use persistent identifiers, however, to track your internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond our Services. Though we restrict any attempts to re-identify this information, advertisers may none the less be able to do so by combining information they collect about you when you use the Services with information about you obtained from other sources.
In general, the information collected and generated by third parties is processed and stored bythe third parties and will be subject to their respective privacy policies (which we do notcontrol and for which we are not responsible). We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or the information they may collect.
This Section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use andshare Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and theirrights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018(“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
How We Collect, Use, and Share your Personal Information. We collect the following statutory categories (as defined by CCPA) of Personal Information:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, site log-in, email address, mailing address, phone number).
- Commercial information (e.g., subscription records, site engagement).
- Biometric information.
- Online identifiers (e.g., device identifier, IP address, unique browser ID, cookies,beacons, pixel tags, account login, other unique identifiers).
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing and search history, site and advertisement interactions).
- Geolocation data. Professional or employment-related information.
- Financial information (e.g., your financial account numbers or payment card information; please note that a third party payment processor is responsible for all collection, processing, and storage of your financial information and we do not havedirect access to or possession of any payment card information.)
- Education information (e.g., information you provide when you apply for a job withus).
- Protected classification characteristics (e.g., age or gender; please note that we donot intentionally collect this information, but it may be revealed in identity data orother information we collect)
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this Section (e.g.,information about your interests, preferences, and favorites).
Your California Privacy Rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below.However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request aspermitted by law.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
1. The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.oThe categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
2. The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
3. The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
4. Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose,and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-in. If we know that you are younger than 16 years old, we will ask for your permission (or if you are younger than 13 years old, your parent’s or guardian’s permission) to sell your Personal Information before we do so.
- Non discrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you services; increasing the price/rate of services;decreasing service quality; or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
How to Exercise your California Rights. California residents may exercise their rights to information, access, and deletion described above as follows: - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity Verification and Additional Information to Needed to Process a Request. We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will needto confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access ordeletion rights. As part of this process, government identification may be required. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail toallow us to understand and respond to it.
As a multi-national company, Aesthetic Record may transmit to and process your informationin a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the sameprivacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer,storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in onejurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us at email@example.com.
Aesthetic Record has implemented reasonable security measures, including the use of physical, technical, and administrative controls, to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. From time-to-time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technologies and methods.
Please be aware, though, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot ensure, and do not warrant or guarantee, that the information you transmit to Aesthetic Record will remain secure, nor do we guarantee that this informationwill not be accessed, disclosed, altered, destroyed or used in an unauthorized manner. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, or otherwise unsecured networks.
If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you cantake appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on our websites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive a notice of a security breach in writing. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please reach out to us via the information in the “Contact Us” Section below.